Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Newbie Blogger Evaluation

Blogging Tools Evaluated


The three blogging tools I evaluated were:


They were all fairly close in features available except that Dairyland charged a little to upload pictures. I chose Blogger over the other two sites because I found the user interface to be easier to follow. I have very limited Blogging experience and no experience in regards to hosting a Blog. For that reason the three sites I chose also provided the necessary hosting and more importantly were free.

Dairyland


I'll discuss Dairlyland first because I found it to be the least appealing of the three due to the user interface being the hardest to follow. However I think it had the most control over the look of the Blog using html. This may be important down the road if I wanted to tailor the the Blog site to look the same as website. The picture provided was their default settings.


WordPress


WordPress had the best html editing tools of the three Blogging tools evaluated. I'm not sure if I would be using the tools included or do all my html with another program and import it into the Blog.


Blogger


Blogger seemed to have the best interface of the three. I'm rather partial to the tabbed navigation and that may something to do with my choice. Overall Blogger seemed to be pretty easy to use with its templates and its navigation. In addition it appeared to be very versatile in regards customizing the layout. As it stands now I would choose Blogger as my choice for Blogging tools but I'm not sure, well I'm sure that I don't know the in an outs of Blogging.

1 comment:

  1. Dairyland seems to be pretty darn simple. I can see why it was not your first choice.

    ReplyDelete